- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Healthy, easy recipes are often hard find for the regular family meal. Here the perfect staple to add to the family’s dinner repertoire. The adults will fall in love with this gourmet salad and the kids will love the bite size treats within. Make the familiar La Famiglia and visit: https://www.facebook.com/LaFamigliaKitchen
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 lamb backstraps, trimmed (approx. 150g each)
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100g green peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ loaf La Famiglia Traditional Herb Bread
- 1/3 cup mint, washed and roughly torn
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 50g Persian feta cheese, drained and roughly crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Preheat chargrill pan or barbecue over a medium-high heat. Season lamb with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Grill lamb for two minutes each side. Place on baking tray and place in oven for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove from oven, cover and set aside to rest until serving.
- Steam or boil peas until just cooked, then blanch in cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Roughly tear La Famiglia Traditional Herb Bread into 2cm pieces. Combine with mint, lemon rind, lemon juice and peas.
- Finely slice lamb across the grain into small pieces.
- Arrange Herb Bread mixture on a plate and top with lamb and crumbled feta. Serve immediately.