- Serves 6
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 2 Ingredients
This Watermelon Granita is SO simple to make – even the kids can do it on their own. Everyone loves Watermelon Granita – a lovely sweet treat but no added sugar.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 cups Watermelon Juice
- 1 cup Watermelon Chunks
- Place the watermelon juice and the chunks into either a food processor or blender and whizz for 1 - 2 minutes until all the chunks are pureed.
- Pour into a shallow plastic or metal container and place in the freezer on a level surface.
- Allow to freeze until the juice is solid all the way through.
- Once solid, remove from freezer and allow to sit for 15 - 20 minutes (depending on the temperature of the day). Don't allow it to melt though.
- Using a fork, scrape across the surface of the ice repeatedly. You'll see this creates the little chunks of ice. Continue doing this until all the ice is in tiny chunks.
- Serve with either vanilla yoghurt (our favourite) or over vanilla ice cream or just on its own.
We love to have this Watermelon Granita on hand in the freezer all through the summer. So often we make watermelon balls and there is so much juice left over - it's such a great way to use up that juice. If you having an adults only get together, you could add a splash of gin, vodka or cointreau!