This Watermelon Granita is SO simple to make – even the kids can do it on their own. Everyone loves Watermelon Granita – a lovely sweet treat but no added sugar.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 cups Watermelon Juice
- 1 cup Watermelon Chunks
- Place the watermelon juice and the chunks into either a food processor or blender and whizz for 1 - 2 minutes until all the chunks are pureed.
- Pour into a shallow plastic or metal container and place in the freezer on a level surface.
- Allow to freeze until the juice is solid all the way through.
- Once solid, remove from freezer and allow to sit for 15 - 20 minutes (depending on the temperature of the day). Don't allow it to melt though.
- Using a fork, scrape across the surface of the ice repeatedly. You'll see this creates the little chunks of ice. Continue doing this until all the ice is in tiny chunks.
- Serve with either vanilla yoghurt (our favourite) or over vanilla ice cream or just on its own.