- Serves 6
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
White chocolate & tart cranberries combine in this recipe to turn a simple cake into something that is both delicious to eat and look at!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 125g Butter
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1/2 cup SR flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1/2 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 tsp Milk (extra)
- 1 tbsp Dried cranberries (extra)
- 1/4 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE white chocolate melts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease a loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, mix until just combined. Sift flours and baking powder, add to mixture with milk, cranberries and NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE white chocolate chips, mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Place in oven and bake for approx. 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely before icing.
- Icing: Sift icing sugar into bowl, add vanilla and a little of the extra milk and whisk until combined, adding extra milk as needed to achieve a thick, spreadable consistency. Spread onto cooled cake and scatter with the extra cranberries.
- White Chocolate Drizzle: Place the NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE white chocolate melts into a heatproof jug and microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring between each one, until melted and smooth. Alternatively, melt in the jug over a saucepan of hot simmering water. Using a small spoon, drizzle spoonfuls of the melted chocolate over the cake. Allow to cool and set, then enjoy!