- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This recipe is healthy and simple … the perfect dessert for when you’re craving something sweet, but can’t afford the extra calories.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 medium apples, cores and bottoms left intact
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cored apples snuggly in a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
- Mash the mixture together until well combined
- Fill each hallowed apple core with 1 tablespoon of the seasoned butter, packing it down. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the apples are soft and easily pierced with a knife.
- Delicious with ice cream.