- Serves 8
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A fast and easy whole orange cake recipe with little clean up after! No refined sugar and full of fresh orange means a guilt free treat!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Orange, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 Eggs
- 180g Butter (can use coconut oil instead)
- 1/2 Cup Raw honey
- 2 Cups Wholewheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp Raw honey
- Preheat oven to 150*C Grease a cake tin, round or loaf.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil, mix in the 1/2 cup honey. Let cool slightly...
- Place orange pieces in a food processor. Blitz until only small pieces remain.
- Add eggs, butter and honey mixture, flour and baking powder. Blitz until combined.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 30-40mins or until golden. Leave in tin and prepare syrup topping.
- Heat orange juice and honey and stir until melted together. Use a fork to lightly poke holes in top of cake and drizzle warm syrup over warm cake. Leave in tin to cool. (Have a little taste while still warm if you can't wait!)