- Makes 1
- 80 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This recipe is simple and makes the most amazing cake bursting with flavour.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 440g Navel oranges
- 185g Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cups SR flour
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced or 170 degrees no fan. Grease a 22 cm round or spring form pan, and line with paper
- Cut oranges into quarters and remove any seeds and the thick core if there is one, then roughly chop
- Place oranges - skin and all into a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped
- Add butter and sugar and vanilla and pulse again until combined. Don't be worried if it looks curdled Add in eggs and pulse to combine
- Pour mix into a bowl and fold in the flour until just combined.
- Spoon mix into the tin, smooth the surface and place into the oven for 50-55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
- Allow to mostly cool before removing from the tin and finish cooling on a wire rack
Navel oranges are best for this recipe as they have minimal pith and hardly any seeds The weight is important for the oranges, so make sure you weigh them and trim one if needed.