- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 11 Ingredients
A traditional Christmas turkey with stuffing recipe, ideal for Christmas lunch or dinner served alongside roasted winter roots.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 servings)
- 1 ALDI Willowton Free Range Whole Turkey (approximately 3kg)
- 2 brown onions
- 400g Sweet Vine dried pitted prunes (soaked in warm water until plump, drain and cut 1cm diced)
- 400g Sweet Vine dried apricots (soaked in warm water until plump, drain and cut 1cm diced)
- 100g ALDI Just Organic raisins
- 100g ALDI Forresters walnut pieces
- 3 green apples (peeled and 1cm diced)
- Good pinch ALDI Stonemill Nutmeg
- ALDI Stonemill Salt
- ALDI Stonemill Pepper
- 300ml ALDI Chef’s Cupboard Chicken Stock
- Sautee onions and butter until soft and golden. Add all chopped fruits, raisins and nuts and cook until all are plump. Add nutmeg and seasoning. Refrigerate until required. Ensure turkey cavity is clean and place stuffing inside turkey to cook.
- Preheat oven to 190°C on a roasting tray lined with baking paper.
- Place turkey on tray and put into oven. Cook for 30 minutes at this temperature, turn oven down to 150°C and cook for 30 minutes. Turn oven down to 140°C and cook for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 120°C and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let the turkey rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- You may baste bird to make golden with 300ml chicken stock and a knob of butter melted into stock. Glaze whilst cooking near the end cooking time.
- Serving Suggestion Slice turkey. Place one slice of turkey on a plate. Serve with roasted root vegetables.