- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 18 Ingredients
A great one pot meal that is sure to warm you up on a cold winter’s night. Leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g thickly sliced veal steak
- cooking spray
- 1½ cups carrot diced
- 1 medium (150g) swede diced
- 1 large (150g) parsnip diced
- 1½ cups celery sliced
- 1 onion large dice
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic (in jar)
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 x 420g can salt-reduced tomato soup
- 1 x 415g can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock powder
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cut veal into large dice.
- Coat a non-stick frypan with cooking spray and sauté veal until brown. Remove onto a plate and leave to one side.
- Re-spray frypan then add carrots, swede, parsnip, celery, onion and garlic and cook together for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add veal and all remaining ingredients except fresh parsley and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Add parsley and pepper to taste.
You can replace veal with 600g skinless chicken breasts, lean pork steaks or lean rump steak. Suitable to be frozen. To make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free stock powder.