- Serves 12
- Makes 12
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
Absolutely the easiest muffin recipe. It was passed down to me by my mother in law, and to her from her mother. She calls them cheesy scones.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 12 Muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups Full cream milk
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups Grated cheese (tasty or a combination of cheeses)
- Preheat oven to 180. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
- In one bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Place heaped spoon fills of mixture into muffin tray. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and mixture is pulling away from the edges of the tray. Allow to cool in tray for 5 minutes, then turn out so the muffins don't sweat.
Basically it's equal quantities of sr flour, milk and cheese. You don't want the mix too runny, so add more flour if this occurs. If I use a cheap sr flour, I tend to add a little extra baking powder to keep them light. This quantity fills 12 regular muffins to make full muffins. You can add in anything you like - we love ham, corn, salt and pepper, paprika, shallots, chili, bacon, carrot, zucchini (not all together!)... anything. Just beware moister items like corn will change the texture of the muffins, but they will still be yum.