- Makes 12
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
These are a delicious treat in hot weather, with kiddies (big & small). Healthy & so easy to make!
Ingredients (makes 12 Icy Poles)
- 125 gm Strawberries (hulled)
- 1 medium Banana (peeled & chopped)
- 200 gm Fruit Salad (tinned in natural juice)
- 1 Mango (peeled & chopped)
- 250 gm Natural Yoghurt
- Place strawberries in a blender with 2 teaspoons water & process until smooth. Remove & place in a small jug. Place remaining ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Using either Icy-pole moulds with attached handles/sticks, or small drinking glasses with ice-cream sticks, pour some of the strawberry mixture in the bottom of the glass/mould & top with the fruit salad mix.
- When the mould/glass is full, insert the handle/stick & freeze icy poles until firm.
You can use almost any fruit that takes your fancy, and if you don't have fresh fruit, tinned or frozen is fine (although I think fresh tastes better). The same goes with the yoghurt, I've used flavoured yoghurt, and some of the gourmet ones (like "Rachel's Mango & Madagascan Vanilla") make these icy poles almost sinful! If you want to look really clever, try doing several thin layers of fruit & yoghurt in each icy pole.