Ingredients (makes 6 apples)
- 14 oz Caramels
- 1/4 cup Water
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 cups Peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 6 Over sized cupcake liners
- 6 Apples, rinsed and refrigerated (I prefer Gala)
- Insert Popsicle sticks about halfway into cold apples. Keep in fridge until ready to dip.
- Heat caramel and water in crock pot (this keeps the heat uniform and constant) to 80 degrees. Meanwhile, chop nuts and reserve in bowl. Dip apples in caramel and twist by popsicle stick to remove excess. Then roll in chopped peanuts (if using) then place on parchment paper and let cool in the fridge. Once cooled place in cupcake liner.