This is a great breakfast idea.
Ingredients (serves 2 | makes 2 )
- 32 ounces full fat cows milk (pasteurized)
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt to activate live cultures
- 2 tablespoons of full fat milk (same type)
- heat milk just to boiling point and pour in a non metal container. Let cool to lukewarm (100-105f) A skin will then form on the top.mix the 2 tablespoons of yougrt (homemade or commercial) with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Add to the lukewarm mixture,carefully pouring down the sides so that any skin that may have formed on the top is not disturbed.
- cover with clean dishtowel and place another towel in a warm dry place for at least 8 hours (or overnight) until it thickens. 8-10 hours is best. the longer the yogurt sits the more sour the taste.