- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
This is great for school lunches.
You can make cheese and bacon rolls.
Or rosemary and cheese.
You can even freeze these rolls.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 2 tablespoons bread improver (optional)
- 1 & 1/4 warm water
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 30g chopped butter
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 egg ( yolk only)
- Sift flour in to a large bowl and add butter. Mix together until it looks like bread crumbs. Then make a well in the middle and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Kneed on a chopping board ( Add extra flour to make it easier to roll.) Then put aside in a warm place for 1 hour covering the bread with a dry tea towel.
- Then after one hour kneed again and make into any shape. Brush with egg yolk. You can even add sesame seeds. ( Even cheese and bacon )
This is great for school lunches. You can make to suit your taste. You can make cheese and bacon rolls. Or even rosemary and cheese. And you can freeze to use later.