- Serves 8
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
easy and delicious !
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 50 grams unsalted butter - chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 3 eggs - lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups pecan halves
- whipped cream to serve
- 2 22 cm pie crusts
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over low heat and cook , stirring for 5 minutes or until butter melts and mixture is smooth
- Set aside to cool slightly
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Scatter pecans over pie crust and pour over the golden syrup mixture
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 35 minutes or until filling is browned and firm to the touch
So yummy with cream or ice cream. Serve warm or cold . Even nicer the next day !