- Difficulty Easy
This recipe for zoodles with bolognese sauce will be enough for a family, plus some spare to freeze! If you don’t want to make as much, reduce ingredient amounts.
- 500g organic beef mince
- 400g organic pork mince
- 1 onion – diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- About a tablespoon of Olive oil (to cook the onion and garlic in)
- 2 tins of tomatoes OR 1 of passata and 1 tin of tomatoes (with passata, make sure you try and get one with nothing else but tomatoes!) I usually add some water to the passata jar to rinse it out – about a cup – and then add that to the pan!
- 1 tub of tomato paste – again, only tomatoes!
- Mixed herbs of your choice – dry or fresh
- Mushrooms – as many as you want
- Some frozen peas – I usually just chuck some in – probably about a cup
- Some frozen corn- I usually just chuck some in – probably about a cup
- 1 grated zucchini
- 2 grated carrots – medium ones, or 1 big one
- Eggplant is a nice addition too!
- Kidney beans is another nice addition – or mixed beans
- You can actually add any veggies you want to it!
- about 1 zucchini per adult for the zoodles
How to make it:
- Brown the onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pan/wok
- Add the mince and brown that too
- Add the tomatoes and stir in
- Add tomato paste and stir in
- Add all the veggies that you want and stir in
- Let it simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally to let it reduce, so it becomes thicker
- While it is cooking, using a potato peeler, peel the zucchinis to make long strips of zoodles!
- You have two options with the zoodles. You can keep them raw (I do this) and add the pasta sauce when it has cooked, or you can lightly steam the zoodles before adding the sauce!
- Once the sauce is cooked, add to the zoodles and enjoy!
10. Any spare sauce, put in containers and freeze!
Recipe Zoodles with bolognese sauce
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.