- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
Great side dish to a barbecue
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 125 grams Dairy soft spread
- 1 cup Grated zucchini
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Bacon rashers chopped
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 2 cloves Garlic unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley fresh
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius. Line tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour & bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Add half the spread into flour with fingertips until combined.
- Add most of the buttermilk & cut in with a knife until mixture forms a soft, slightly sticky dough, add more if needed but don't over mix.
- Divide dough into 6 even portions & shape into rounds. Place on prepared tray. Brush with extra buttermilk & top,with bacon, seeds & remaining cheese.
- Wrap garlic in foil & place on same tray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly browned & cooked through.
- Rest on cooling rack for 15 minutes. Combine remaining spread, parsley & roasted garlic & serve warm.
You could add your herb of choice as long as they are fresh & replace bacon with ham & even add olives.