- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This Zucchini Slice Recipe is easy to make and is big on flavour!
We think there is nothing better than having a Zucchini Slice Recipe that everyone loves. Even better when it’s a Zucchini Slice Recipe that has simple ingredients, is quick to make and everyone in the family loves to gobble down.
We love that MoM Member Darcie’s Zucchini Slice Recipe really brings the flavour to the table (or the picnic or the lunchbox) with the addition of bacon and tasty cheese! Yum yum this recipe is a meal in a slice.
We’re thinking even those with bigger appetites would be super happy with a big chunk of this Zucchini Slice Recipe for lunch.
Thanks so much to Darcie for sharing her Zucchini Slice Recipe; there’s nothing better than knowing a recipe has been tried and tested by another Mum just like us.
Our tummies are rumbling and we’re now looking in the fridge for all the ingredients. Which, we might add, are nice and simple so there’s every chance you’ve got exactly what you need to make this Zucchini Slice Recipe … right now!
A couple of tips from the MoM CookClub Team when making this Zucchini Slice Recipe …
A recipe like this Zucchini Slice Recipe is the perfect way to use up vegetables that are a little beyond fresh. If you don’t have carrot, switch out for sweet potato, parsnip or even corn. Just remember that if the vegetables are ‘wet’ after you’ve grated them, dab them with paper towel to remove as much liquid as possible.
Recipes like this Zucchini Slice Recipe are delicious cold – just store in the fridge in an airtight container. We like to place a double layer of paper towel in the base of the Tupperware container.
We don’t really recommend freezing this recipe. You can but it does tend to be a little watery once it thaws. We’d suggest resting on paper towel for a couple of hours in the fridge once thawed before serving.
So there you have it! The best ever Zucchini Slice Recipe … print out this recipe or bookmark it on your phone. You are going to want to use it sometime soon!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 rashers of bacon, rind removed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup SR flour
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180&amp;amp;amp;amp;deg;C. Butter and line a 20cm square (or round) cake or slice tin.
- Grate zucchini &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; carrots into a bowl. Finely chop the bacon and onion and add to zucchini with cheese.
- In another bowl add flour, oil and eggs, mixing well. Combine with zucchini mix and pour into prepared tin
- Bake for 25-30 mins until set and starting to colour
- Allow to cool in pan before turning out and cutting. Slices can be frozen and thawed as required.