Hair is different things to people. For some, but it is just there to keep our heads warm. For others, and it defines a face, or is an assessory in which to style. Some use it to hide a balding head, bad skin or a shy personality.
Whatever hair means to you, it can be a shock to change to a dramatic new style in one day. That is what I did. One day it was tumbling over my shoulders, the next day, it was very short.
I received a few positive comments from other women whose hair was very short. There are not many of us around.
Good things about really short hair:
– you can use up all the rubbish shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom
– no hair in your face when the wind blows
– no strands of hair on the carpet, your breakfast, on your clothes etc.
– you don’t need to hunt for those pesky hair ties
– you get to know your hair dresser well as you return for maintenance cuts every 6-8 weeks
– save money on hair product
– save time on styling
– no long strands of hair clogging up the plug holes
– save money on colour
And so I take my hat off to the virtues of very short hair. Unless it is very cold….and then I put that hat back on again…
Posted anonymously, 25th April 2015