By this stage I was getting pretty used to pregnancy and its lovely symptoms. This was my third pregnancy in the space of 4 years and I’d had morning sickness with all 3 all the way through. Everything seemed to be going along pretty much the same as my first 2 pregnancies until we reached about the 36 week mark. By this stage my other 2 had turned head down and ready to go….but not this time. So keeping in mind the fact that I had had my 2 previous bubs and 37+5 weeks the midwives scheduled me in to have bub turned around the next week.
Going home I was worried by this as it wasn’t something i’d even heard about before. I looked it up on google which was probably a big mistake because it didn’t my fear go away…It just got worse. I rang my mum who lives overseas and had a talk with her about it and she really helped calm me down. I went on to looking up natural ways of getting baby to turn. I tried everything.
The days passed and there was no movement on bubs part. I had to fast a while before the procedure in case I had to go in for an emergency C-section and my appointment wasn’t until 2pm. When I got there they sat me in the waiting room and told me they were a little busy but shouldn’t be too long. 2 hours later I was still sitting there waiting and had not yet had anything to eat. I was hungry and I was getting very over it when they lady came back to tell me they had too many ladies giving birth right now and wouldn’t be able to fit me in. I was sent home after all that waiting! Booked another appointment for the next day and made my way home.
Turns out I didn’t make the next appointment because I went into labour the very next morning. Both my labours before this one had been fast so I knew I had to get to the hospital LIKE NOW. I called my sister to come and watch the little ones and made my way up to the hospital. When we arrived and explained the situation to the midwife she took me straight in to check things out. I was already booked in to have a C-section in case bub hadn’t turned so this is what they started to prep for but unfortunately bub was already too far down to go ahead. The midwife explained that if they were to go ahead there was a chance they could also cut baby as they were opening me up. She then gave me about 30 seconds to make up my mind what I wanted to do. Try the C-section or give natural breech birth a try. I went with natural as I was already worried for a C-section.
Lucky for me my daughter was tiny. She came into the world bum first in a room filled with about 30 doctors. I didn’t notice how many there were til it was all over. “its not something you see everyday” said one and another was saying “if we could have taped the perfect breech birth it would have been that one” Although im not really sure how I feel about that haha. My daughter is now a gorgeous 3 year old and still demands as much attention as she got during labour =D
Posted by sleaker, 8th November 2013