media has an unrealistic view about childbirth and children. It seems that with tv shows getting more gory and lifelike and including more displays of nudity, the taboo topic of childbirth still has a 1950’s attitude towards it. If a show will even go so far to show a woman in labour, it will not be portrayed correctly.
Here are some common examples
1. Childbirth doesn’t hurt as much as say a guy getting punched in the face or the jewels
2. babies just come out with a little push
3. babies stop crying just because they see you/dad/brother/grandma
4. babies sleep all day so you don’t need to change their butts or feed them
The only exception to the last rule is….
5. babies only cry to cause a perfect distraction from awkward conversations
6. babies stay babies for years until one day a wise cracking 6 year old turns up and they have the same name as the baby in the house
Thanks for reading this! Add your own comparisons in the comments!
Posted by mom94125, 1st June 2015