Christmas can be a great time of joy to spend with family and friends in sharing and giving.
However for others this can be a time of loneliness and sorrow as not everyone has people to celebrate with.
I urge everyone this Christmas to bless someone you know who you think may be lonely or may even just need a bit of cheering up.
Here is some ways you can bless people you do or don’t know around you:
– Invite them over for a Christmas drink – if you sense someone is alone over Christmas invite them over for a Christmas drink or even a meal. This small gesture may just make them smile.
– Buy a small surprise gift – you can do this in person or anonymously place a little present on their front porch or even the letter box.
– a Hand written Christmas card – a great way to share a little bit of joy
– Buy a present for the Wishing Tree – Kmart every year do the Wishing Tree – I know there are several other charities too that collect new toys and clothing to bless families in need during Christmas. This isn’t quite as personal but still a great way to give
– Visit the local nursing home – sit with an elderly person who is lonely and just chat or play a game of cards or bingo
– Contact a local charity or church and find out how you can help – there are plenty of ways you can volunteer time over Christmas or give goods. Volunteer in your local soup kitchen, make a meal to deliver to someone, wrap some presents to be taken to those in need, buy and assemble hampers for the community, and many more.
I’m sure there are a million and one more ways to bless people in your community this Christmas. Please share some of your ideas and everyone Please Share the Joys and Blessings of Christmas.
Posted anonymously, 28th November 2015