Today, my daughter asked me for a snack. She wanted some jatz. I gave her some and thought nothing of giving my son one. He is nearly 12 months old. I watched him take a bite, and he was fine. I thought to myself clearly he is going to be ok with it. He had never been given one before.
Next minute, he’s silent. Thank god my husband was home. I panicked. I screamed to my husband he’s choking, my daughter started screaming and my husband was our saviour. He got the jatz out of my son’s throat, he coughed and coughed and vomited everywhere, but he was breathing again.
Now, I feel guilty. Not only am I the one who gave him the jatz to try, I was the one who panicked and froze and totally lost my cool.
Tomorrow, I am ringing about First Aid courses. I cannot let that happen again. I hope those who read my story, will also see the importance of a First Aid course or refresher courses. The last course I took was when I was starting high school a long time ago.
Thanking my lucky stars for my husband tonight!
Posted by mom143044, 12th November 2015