It may not be as massive as the US’s Black Friday sales, but you can certainly pick up a bargain during Click Frenzy – an online sale that runs from 7pm 20 May until midnight Wednesday 22 May.
You can pick up bargains in a variety of different categories – fashion, travel, homewares and electronics and watch out for the Go Nuts deals that include 22 products selling for a crazy 99 per cent discount.
We’ve trawled the deals to find the best ones out there. Hurry though, there are only a few hours left.
The hottest electronic offers include a MacBook Air for $14 and an Apple Watch for $6. As reported in news.com.au, you can also pick up a GHD hair straightener for $2 (discounted from $160), a Roomba robot vacuum for $6 (down from $554) and a Nespresso coffee machine for $2 ($179). If you’re lucky enough, you could score a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multifloor Barrel Vacuum Cleaner for $5 and an LG 55″ HD LED TV for $10.
However, before you start clicking your money away, consumer group Choice warns shoppers:
“It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of a seemingly irresistible deal, but when it comes to any kind of sale, we recommend exercising caution and ensuring you know your rights,” the group’s managing editor Margaret Rafferty said.
“Click Frenzy uses every trick in the book to get you to spend money, but there are clear rules for advertising sales and specials.
“A quick search online will show you hundreds of people angry and upset about past ClickFrenzy sales, and the ACCC makes it clear that misleading pricing won’t be tolerated.”
A Few Click Frenzy Mayhem Deals
– Sony products: Up to 50% off. Includes Sony Bravia TVs, PlayStation consoles, cameras and audio products.
– IKEA – Up to 50% off selected products
– Myer: up to 60 per cent off
– New V7 Dyson at Big W for only $499, save $200!
– Smiggle – 60% off 200 items
– Peter Alexander- 40% off a huge range
– Cotton On – 30-50% off
– Katies – Nothing over $30
– SurfStitch: 30% off. Includes discounted items. New signups also get an additional $20 off when they spend $100 or more.
– ASOS: ASOS is slashing 20 per cent off everything when you spend $100. To get the deal, use the discount code ‘HUNDRED’.
– Booktopia 50% off sale: Get 50% off Booktopia bestsellers
– Kitchen Warehouse: Score up to 70% off at Kitchen Warehouse. Includes blenders and juicers, cooking appliances, kitchen utensils, bins and glassware.
– Princess Polly: 20 per cent off site wide
– Rebel: Score at least 20% off all products sitewide.
How to Claim a Coveted Go Nuts Deal
1. You must be logged into your Click Frenzy account during the event.
2. Logged in users will receive a notification each time a Go Nuts deal goes live. This notification will include a question you will need to answer within 30 minutes.
3. If you are successful, you will receive an email from Click Frenzy with a unique discount code to complete your purchase at a 99 per cent discount.
4. You must complete your purchase before the end of the Click Frenzy event.
Check all the emails you receive from Click Frenzy during the event. These will reveal the approximate time the notification for each Go Nuts deal will be sent.
Turn off ad blockers if you use them. You need this off to see the pop-up banner that will trigger the product page. You will also need to refresh your page regularly to make sure you don’t miss it.
Only Mastercard and Visa will be accepted. Click Frenzy recommends putting your preferred settings for payments in your browser’s autofill to speed up the process. Afterpay and Shopback will be available this year as well.
It’s a maximum of one item per user per household for the whole 24 hours, so pick what you want most. Once you’ve scored a bargain, you’re out of the hunt until the next event.
Are you joining the Click Frenzy sale? Tell us in the comments below.