This viral video is highlighting the importance of not being in a hurry to remove your child’s booster seat.
The clip shared on the Eastern Virginia Medical School, Facebook page has attracted over 4 million views and well over 100,000 shares.
The four minute video shows what happens to a nine year old child, without a booster seat, during a head on collision.
If you think your child might be ready to come out of their booster? Watch a short video here RACV produced which goes through a 5 step check.
Seatbelts are designed for people who are at least 145cm tall. To see if children are ready to stop using a booster seat and start using a seatbelt, use the 5 step test.
- Their back is flat against the seat back
- Their knees bend over the edge of the seat
- The seatbelt sits across the middle of their shoulder
- The seatbelt sits low across their hips and touches their thighs
- The child can sit comfortably this way for the entire trip
**Warning some viewers may find this below video distressing**
Share your comments below.