Hello!

17 Comments

A 2-year-old girl died tragically just two days after Christmas. A terrible reminder to always check your kids toys.

Brianna Florer died at a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her cause of death is believed to be a button battery that she swallowed, which was seen in an X-ray of the child’s body.

“They operated on her for 2½ hours, but they couldn’t stop the bleeding,” said maternal grandfather Kent Vice. “They believed the battery ate through to her carotid artery by way of her esophagus.”

brianna

The official autopsy report is pending and the results could take months.

“One minute she is perfect, and the next minute she is dead,” Vice said.

Brianna had an older brother and 2 older sisters who are devastated by her loss.

 

A sad reminder on how important it is to keep track of all those new Christmas toys that may contain batteries.
Share your thoughts below.

Image via GoFundMe

  • this is incredibly sad – I am sure she is a beautiful angel now xxx

    Reply

  • A tragedy that could have been prevented if the toys were constructed and the battery cover secured very tightly. They only thing I consider that should have button batteries is watches

    Reply

  • I am so scared of this happening. I feel sssooo sick just reading this. I can’t believe this is still happening after so many kids dying from
    This already, it’s just not right. How do we stop this now. Everything these days have bloody batteries in them. Maybe kids toys should only be allowed to have large batteries that can’t be consumed…

    Reply

  • This is so sad, they need to ban those type of batteries in kids toys as so many people aren’t even aware how dangerous they are

    Reply

  • How tragic. I never knew how bad those things could be. Note to self, buy books for christmas.

    Reply

  • That is so sad…. i never realized batteries where so dangerous till i saw a story very close to this one. .. my prays go out to the family

    Reply

  • that is so sad. poor little girl. my gosh, i hope that she didn’t suffer. wow so sad for this poor family.

    Reply

  • How incredibly heartbreaking for this family. RIP baby girl.

    Reply

  • So sad for this angel and her family. There are so many silent killers in the household it is hard to be aware of them all.

    Reply

  • So heartbreaking thoughts are with her family rip little angle.

    Reply

  • Oh! Poor little one! So sad for this beautiful little girl! :-(

    Reply

  • This makes me so sad. Please everyone mmake sure everything you own that contains button batteries, have them securely locked in place so kids can’t access them. Toys with button batteries that arent secured away should be banned

    Reply

  • oh what a sad story :( my heart breaks for her family.

    Reply

  • This Keeps happening… So scary, because it’s so easy to have an accident like this.

    Reply

  • Some years ago my Mum made me aware of this danger after the death of another toddler in Australia from swallowing one of these button batteries. They eat away so quickly even before you realise it is a possibility and they are not only in toys. Deepest condolences to the family.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join