No matter how hard I try, I always end up with wasted food that gets thrown out. I have been researching ways to reduce this and this week I looked into what food I could freeze to store to reduce waste.
Here are 10 things I never knew I could freeze:
1) Eggs: Freeze your eggs in ice cube trays ready to use in your cooking. 2) Herbs: Freeze your herbs in ice cube trays with some water when you have leftovers and they will be ready to use the next time you make the recipe.
3) Milk: Freeze your milk that’s about to expire in ice cube trays or in the plastic bottle.
4) Ginger: Instead of letting your ginger go wrinkly in the fridge, peel it and slice it up ready to use in juices or cooking.
5) Nuts: I often have leftover nuts from a recipe that end up going stale in the cupboard, freeze them ready to use next time.
6) Cheese: Stock up on your favourite cheese blocks when they are on sale and freeze.
7) Root vegetables: Freeze your excess root vegetables by peeling, cutting up, blanching and freezing in portions ready to use.
8) Cookie dough: Make a double batch of dough and freeze half to save time baking next time.
9) Avocado: Stock up on avocados in Summer and freeze them to eat in winter.
10) Wine: Freeze wine in ice cube trays to use in cooking.
What do you freeze? Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.