Shaz and Trace are the loveable stars of comedy webseries Stage Mums. They will stop at nothing to make their super talented teen daughters famous.
Here they share some great, tongue in cheek advice, for other Stage Mums out there:
- It’s never too early to start dance lessons! If they can walk, enrol them now, cos you can bet your bottom dollar all the four-wheel-driving-mothers of the world have already started their kids!!!
- If your kid keeps getting shoved to the back row in all her dance classes, try giving the teacher a box of chocolates and a glowing shoutout on facebook or insti. It works a treat.
- Although we love the goss and reading everyone elses, ya have to remember Facebook is not a journal. Use private messages instead! PS: screenshot the best goss and message it to your bestie.
- Apparently youse need to watch out for scams, dodgy agents and castings in the film industry!! Who’d have thunk that?
- If your kid gets an audition and it says minimal makeup and natural hair, don’t follow the crowd! HOLY CRAPBALLS, you want your kid to stand out, so BIG hair and FULL makeup is essential. And for goodness sake don’t forget the eyelashes!
- When heading on set with your kid, make sure you dress up and take the opportunity to talk to the director so they realise how awesome your kid is…you never know… you might just end up in front of the camera too.
- If you’re posting on instagram or facey, make sure you use an app to make your photo look good. Remove all your spots, blemishes and lumps cos you know full well everyone will be judging you.
- Stick all your Facebook friends in lists so you can keep track of who’s who. Our faves are the NOOKS (Not Of Our Kind), FOMOS (Fear Of Missing Out) and LOYALS.
- If your kid’s school fees cost more than your dance, acting, modelling, and vocal tuition fees then you’ve got the balance all wrong. Be sure to add more classes like auditioning, sword fighting or mermaid school.
- A triple threat kid is not enough. Aim for your child to be a quadruple threat: they need to sing, dance, act and look shit hot too!
Hope these tips helped all the stage mums out there!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com