If you are looking for more space and you have an attic space, you can turn your average attic into a master bedroom, or if you are into fitness you can build an in-house gym or yoga studio.
If you have a teenager, then the attic is the ideal place to create their own space. Why not turn it into a mini apartment for them.
The following five ideas are totally worthy of convincing you to renovate your attic and transform it into something useful:
- Creating a large master bedroom: If you feel claustrophobic in your current bedroom and need room to expand it, then an attic is the ideal place to get your dream bedroom. All that huge space which was being wasted in the past can now be used fully and converted into your bedroom where you will enjoy a cozy sleep.
- Expanding for more children: The larger the family, the more space they need especially if you have more than two kids. An attic turned playroom/children’s bedroom will make sure that your kids have their own place to play and enjoy.
- Building a home office: Some of us can afford to work from home especially if we are book publishers, therapists, lawyers, or running a small scale business. An attic when converted into a home office gives out the impression to outsiders and clients that although we are working from home we take our job seriously.
- Creating a library: For all you bookworms and bibliophiles out there who dream of having a home library where they can spend all day reading book after book, wouldn’t it be perfect if your attic was changed into a library filled with your favourite books? Not only you would have you own reading place, now you also get to have your own library and you no longer need to bother about library memberships and returning the books on time.
- Self contained apartment for teenagers: It is true that as kids grow up, they need their own space. An attic turned into their own living space will not only provide them a sense of independence but also it’s a pretty good excuse of not letting your kid go and look for their own apartment.
What would you turn your attic into? Please share in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.