The school holidays are here! It can be so hard to keep the kids entertained without spending a fortune.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Here is a list of 5 FREE fun things to do in Melbourne this school holidays:
1) Penguin viewing: Head down to St Kilda pier at sunset and watch the penguin colonies swim back to their homes for the night. For more information, check out their website HERE.
2) Tram rides: Ride the free city circle tram around Melbourne. My kids love being on a trams so we always head for a free ride when we’re in the city. More details available on the Yarra Trams website HERE.
3) Children’s Garden: The Ian Potter Children’s garden at the botanical gardens is a fabulous place for kids to explore. Check out their website HERE for more information.
4) National Gallery of Victoria: Free for all general exhibitions and they run many free children’s events during the school holidays. Check out their website HERE for details.
5) Fitzroy gardens: There are many gardens that host free school holiday activities. There is also great adventure playgrounds, a fairy tree and Cook’s cottage to explore. See their webiste for more information HERE.
Oh, and as a bonus (yes we know it’s 6 things now) you can check out…
The Muffin Break – they are hosting free cookie workshops to keep the kids entertained this summer.
Where: Local muffin break stores. To find participating Muffin Break stores nationwide, visit here.
When: 19th of January 10am – 12pm
Do you have any free activities for kids in Melbourne to add to the list? Please SHARE in comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com