Maybe you always planned on having a big family… but after the first two children, a little seed of doubt started to creep in. Whatever your situation, whether or not to have another child is very personal.
Here are some hints you may be ready to close the baby factory forever:
1. That Time Of The Month: You breathe a huge sigh of relief when you realise you’ve escaped another month of boarding the baby train. A definite sign you’re probably done.
2. You actually sleep! If you can’t remember how you used to cope, and if the thought of broken sleep fills you with dread, you might be done with babies.
3. You feel sad for new mums: If the sound of a new baby crying in a cafe makes you wince whilst you enjoy your coffee….you might be past the point of new motherhood.
4. Your house is tidy! If all the baby gear has been tossed out during clean-up or re-gifted to other friends expecting babies, your subconscious might be trying to tell you something.
5. Pets rule! These days, you get much more clucky about the thought of a new puppy than a new baby.
Here are some of the signs our MoM’s knew they were done having babies.
– When my neighbour’s baby cried 3 days straight over Christmas
– I heard that if the thought of seeing yourself holding a pregnancy test that is positive scares the shit out of you… you are done.
– Simple – you only have children that you can afford to sustain financially, emotionally, psychologically, physically, etc etc
– When I became a nutcase from the stress of raising the kids I already have.
– The thought of doing it again made me want to tear my eyeballs out lol
– When I stopped getting clucky holding other people’s bubs.
– When I was told I wasn’t allowed any more
– When being pregnant no longer appealed to me and I no longer was clucky.
– Partner hearing Dr say no more *very seriously* another could kill you! Knew then there was no way he’d agree too another.
– When the doctor told me no more as I near died.
– When I looked at mums with babies and felt sorry for them.
If you don’t want any more kids, what was your ‘sign’ that you were done having children? Tell us in the comments below.