It can be hard to keep the kids entertained during the Winter holidays because the weather can make it can be hard to get out of the house. Luckily the Winter holidays only go for 2 weeks!
Here are 5 great things you can do with the kids to help keep them entertained:
- Ice skating: Experience the magic of Bondi Beach on skates? Yes you can! Head to Bondi where the Bondi Pavilion will be turned into an ice rink. Tickets start at $10 including skate hire. On July 1st to July 17th.
- Snow: Take a road trip to the Snowy mountains for a fun filled snow holiday with the kids.
- Whales: Cape Solander in Botany Bay National Park is one of the best whale-watching locations in Sydney and has a public viewing platform for you to enjoy the experience. June to November is the best viewing time.
- Museum: The Sydney Museum has a Lego exhibition – ‘Sydney made of Lego’, the kids will be amazed. Many other Museum displays for the kids to see there too. Prices start at $5.
- Movies: Winter time is perfect for seeing a movie and Hoyts have great family ticket prices. With “Finding Dory”, “Ice Age 5″ and “The BFG” all out these holidays, you may even want to go more than once.
Has the above not satisfied the kids appetite for fun? Here are some bonus activities you might be interested in:
- Way Out West Festival, which is NSW’s largest arts festival dedicated to kids and it’s free!
- Rotsome is a one day only The BFG inspired pop-up in Sydney taking place on Monday 4 July. Reynold (Masterchef 2015) will transform his KOI Dessert Bar into an immersive Giant Country experience. The restaurant is free, and open to the public from 1:00pm – 6:00pm. The one condition of entry: all giants must be accompanied by the guest of honour – a human child aged 6+. Held at KOI Dessert Bar: 46 Kensington Street, Chippendale.
- Sydney Winter Festival, running 30th June – 17th July at various locations around the city. Don’t forget to visit the Munich Brauhaus pop-up bar at Sydney Winter Festival which has free face painting on Sundays!
- Cool Yule – Experience winter like never before as Cool Yule, brings the magic of the northern hemisphere to Sydney. From July 2 – 17, Darling Harbour will be transformed into a magical winter wonderland where you can wander through an enchanted frozen forest, take a twirl on the ice rink, create snow angels, enjoy breathtaking ice-skating performances and watch the sky light up with spectacular fireworks.
Check out some great indoor games to do with the kids in the holidays HERE.
What are you planning on doing with the kids these holidays? Please add your comment below.Learn more.