I guess there is no bigger pregnancy confession than…
“Yep we are still enjoying sex during pregnancy!”
So here is my disclaimer: WARNING – some content may offend, intrigue or just make you laugh…
For those that follow my articles, you will be used to the black and white, tell it how it is, raw, honest journey that I share with you all, which scared my partner senseless when he knew what I was going to write about.
Sit back and take pleasure in, 7 Reasons to Keep Enjoying S.E.X During Pregnancy
1. Just as Real Estate is all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, s.e.x. during pregnancy is all about getting creative and experimenting with POSITION POSITION POSITION.
This can have the added benefit of deepening your connection with your partner, as you allow each other to explore what is and what isn’t comfortable for you both, whist maybe pushing some boundaries…
S.e.x certainly doesn’t have to be boring during pregnancy. Stuck for ideas? Try these…
- Spooning – Lie side by side with him behind you. This makes for more shallow penetration. Or you might find Forking easier i.e if you face each other, him on his side and you on back or side at a 45 degree angle
- You on top: There’s no pressure on your belly, and you can control the speed and depth of penetration. Later in pregnancy though you may find you get stitch more easily in this position and out of breath, particularly if bubs has a foot under your lung
- Side of the bed: You lie on your back on the edge of the bed with your knees bent and feet on the edge. or locked in around him, over shoulders, guess it just depends on your felxibility. He stands facing you. It’s like classic missionary, but without the weight of his body on you. Handy as your belly gets bigger.
- Adapted Doggie: Kneel on a couch with your belly facing the back of it; use your arms for support. He penetrates from behind. The support of pillow and cushions for your belly or the back of the couch can make a big difference in your comfort level.
NB: There are more rooms than the bedroom in your house, perfect for all of you that want to get even more creative
2. Orgasms are safe during a healthy pregnancy – whether the orgasm was the result of pleasure with your partner, yourself or a toy, it should pose no threat to your pregnancy, unless you are prone to miscarriage, premature birthing or bleeding, in which case we always recommend you seek medical advise.
3. Stronger, better orgasms – due to the increase in blood flow throughout a woman’s body during pregnancy and particularly to her genitals, some women will find they get in the mood far quicker and have a far more intense orgasm. Having said that though, pregnancy can inhabit orgasm and POSITION POSITION POSITION can also play a part with that, so refer back to above. And when your belly is full of baby during late pregnancy, due to the reduced space the uterus, it may not be able to contract in the same way as before.
4. Permanently good orgasms – if you are one of the lucky few, some even report that once pregnancy is over (and I’m not just talking about during breastfeeding), that their orgasms have permanently improved and are easier to achieve.
5. The feel good hormone – Oxytocin is known as the hormone of love and birth; during every orgasm and the birthing process oxytocin is released, it is also produced when breast feeding. Oxytocin can also assist with pain killer hormones and endorphins. It helps us feel safe and loved, and can help us connect with our beautiful new borns.
6. Inducing labour naturally – Due to the amount of oxytocin released during orgasm, just as the old wives tale says, plenty of s.e.x. during late stage of pregnancy can bring labour on, as it can promote contractions;. Oxytocin in the chemical form is often used in hospitals to induce labour so why not do it naturally if you have gone over your full term….
7. Any excuse to suck a nipple… Some guys will thank me for this one, but if you really need help to induce labour after going full term, this is something your partner can get involved in – nipple stimulation. This is why oxytocin is produced during breastfeeding, as it helps contract the uterus and slow down the bleeding . If your partner isn’t keen on helping out, using a breast pump will have a similar effect to a baby feeding and producing the same type of contractions to help kick start the labour process.
This may be one old midwives’ tale that rings true, but there are several that don’t, here is one to finish us off with:
- Guys, you cannot poke the baby’s eye out or do any damage to your unborn child, the cervix just won’t let your one eyed dragon past the gatepost !We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.