When setting up a new website, or driving traffic to an existing one, it can be easy to over look the importance of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
When I first started Relauncher I was burned badly, spending $12,000 on SEO and long story short, I learned the hard way when it comes to this topic. The good news? I’ve become an expert at growing SEO without spending excessive dollars. Here are 8 of my best SEO tips to get you started:
- Be patient – SEO is not going to happen overnight. This is why you need to sign on with a lengthy and expensive contract if you enlist an agency to do this for you. Attend to SEO daily – make SEO a part of your daily tasks. A bit here, a bit there and it’ll soon start to add up!
- Quality content – the quality of your content accounts for A LOT! i.e. well written, unique and targeted to your audience.
- Know your primary keywords AND your keyword phrases – ask yourself, do you know what your customer is searching for to find your business?
- Use links & hyperlinks – always include links within your website. Building a network of links, both within your website and to 3rd party sites, assists with your organic growth. All links must be quality links with a reason for the link. The journey you lead your website visitor must make sense.
- Check your backend – always have a Page Title and Meta Description for each of your site pages in the backend of your website. Use some keywords in both these areas to help get your page up the top of Google Rankings.
- Update your site regularly – aim to update your website a minimum of 3 times per week. If you’re not, Google has no fresh content to trawl and will assume your site is not being used. For some, updating the site 3 times a week sounds like a nightmare! Think of it as an investment to your business. Fresh content will give visitors a reason to return to your site – so everyone wins with this important approach!
- Index your site – if you have launched a new website, be sure to Index it with Google via Web Mastertools. Also work towards having your link placed on other quality websites to help drive traffic to your site.
- Reviews – depending on your business, strive to achieve reviews on your Google Business Page (if you have a street address for your biz). Reviews on Google raise your page ranking plus gives credibility to your business. You can also have the option for reviews on your Facebook Page too!