We have just started the New Year and it is likely that many of you are still disconcerted about setting your business goals for 2015.
It is key that you start with a fresh mind, as over thinking can ultimately hinder you from taking action.
Goal setting is an important facet of a successful business, providing direction and clarity.
It allows you to create the path from where you stand at present, to where you want to be.
Many of you may find it difficult to envision what you want to accomplish. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you are not ready to move forward, rather you must determine whether you are 100% devoted to starting your business.
If so, the following tips will help you get started towards setting your goals for 2015:
- Identify what you want to attain from your business by December 2015.
- Draw a sequence of circles – these will be your actionable steps. Title each circle with an attainable milestone. Each milestone will require a marketing strategy needed to reach your objective in Q1.
- Inside each circle, write the required measures to carry out each strategy, as well as a time frame.
- Allocate a number to each circle so you know which order to proceed in.
- Download the Evernote app on your computer or phone. Create a separate notebook for each circle (actionable step). This way, when working on your goals, you will be able to access all your notes in the one place.
- Ensure that your goals are measurable, track your progress weekly or monthly.
- Don’t hold back – commit yourself wholeheartedly.
- Hold yourself accountable for your own goals.
- Realise your potential.
- Allocate 1 ½ hour blocks to work on your goals.
- Accept imperfection – it can be a powerful learning curve.
- Always remind yourself why you’ve chosen these particular goals and their importance to you. This will steer you towards reaching new heights and sustain your motivation.
- Enjoy the exercise! It is light-hearted but will help steer you towards a successful future.
What goals have you set for your business this year? Feel free to share in comments below.