The ACCC have issued a recall for Cricket Australia Wristbands due to choking concerns.

The free promotional LED Wristbands were marked with “Stars” (green wristband) or “Alinta Energy” (orange wristband).

Between 8 000 and 10 000 Stars wristbands (green) and 6 500 Alinta (orange) wristbands were distributed.

Wristbands were distributed as follows:
MCG Melbourne
One Day International
Friday 18 January 2019
Bays N53 to N57 and Bays M53 to M57

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Image of Love To Dream Transition Bag
Love To Dream Transition Bag

Submitting your rating…

Gabba Brisbane Test Day 1
Thursday 24 January 2019
Sections 31 to 37 Lower Bowl
Sections 71 to 75 Upper Bowl

Melbourne Stars Big Bash home matches
MCG on 1, 9, 14 and 27 January 2019
Ted Summerton Reserve (Moe) on 23 January 2019
Metricon Stadium on 5 January 2019

Perth Scorchers home match at the WACA Ground on 23 December 2016

What are the defects?
The battery compartment of the wristband is not adequately secured and the button batteries in the product are easily accessible.

What are the hazards?
If young children gain access to the button batteries and ingest them, they may suffer internal burn injuries, which can result in serious illness and even death.

What should consumers do?
Consumers who received a free promotional wristband should dispose of the wristband by wrapping the product in paper and disposing of in the household rubbish.

For further information, contact Cricket Australia by emailing public.enquiries@cricket.com.au
(link sends e-mail)

After disposal, consumers should notify Cricket Australia so that the safe disposal of the products can be monitored.

Further details available here.

More recent recalls

  • That’s a lot of products that are out there to be recalled


  • Thank you for the details of the most recall and the others which happened in January


  • It’s really worrying how many of these recalls there have been lately I hope no one is injured.

    • There do seem to be quite a few recalls lately – but I am glad to know about them.


  • how have they not learnt this by now!


  • Batteries are real health concern to kids for sure.


  • Thanks for the warning – hope it is spread far and wide and gets to everyone that needs it.


  • What a shame. Kids probably loved this as a handout at the game.


  • I hope this doesn’t happen in future. Batteries can be extremely harmful if swallowed.


  • This seems to be a really common flaw.


  • I don’t know why products with button batteries aren’t tested and made 100% safe before they are released. Such a dangerous thing to have around kids who these products are aimed at, and there are currently 2 different recalls due to the fact the button batteries can easily come out. Not good enough, and I hope no kids get injured from this silly error


Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating