Australia Day is the perfect time to feast on lamingtons and believe it or not they are easy to make!
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tbls hot water
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Sift flours into a bowl – sift three times to make sponge airy.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar together for 6 minutes or until pale.
- Sift flour into egg mix a little bit at a time and use a spatula to combine carefully.
- Pour mixture into a pan.
- Cook cake into oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Allow to cool.
- To make icing, combine icing sugar, butter, cocoa powder and water.
- Cut up cake into squares and dip into icing and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Place on a wire rack to set.
These are so delicious.
Although you can buy a sponge cake and just cut it up to make lamingtons, making your own tastes so much better.
Make some this Australia Day.
Watch the YouTube video for easy to follow visual instructions:
What’s your favourite Australian dessert?
PLEASE share with us in the comments below
Image and video credit: YouTube
We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.