During Autumn we have an abundance of leaves that have fallen off the trees available for craft use and this clay leaf bowl is just about the best Autumn leaf craft ever!
These Autumn leaf bowls are absolutely stunning and would make very special gifts if you can bear to part with them.
What you need:
- Autumn leaf
- Air drying clay
- Cling wrap
- Rolling pin
- Acrylic paint
- Roll out your air dry clay to 1/2 cm thick.
- Place leaf on top of clay and roll.
- Use your knife to cut out leaf shape.
- Remove leaf from clay and smooth any edges as needed.
- Lift clay carefully into a bowl covered in cling wrap, carefully pressing it into shape.
- Leave to dry for 2 days.
- Carefully remove the leaf from the bowl lifting with the cling wrap.
- Paint if you wish and leave to dry.
- Gift or keep it yourself.
Watch the video for easy to follow visual instructions:
The kids love making these and they make the most special gifts, hint Mothers Day coming up, this is perfect for the kids to make for Grandma or Nana.
PLEASE add your comments below
Image and video credit: YouTube