As Mums, we’re all so busy looking after everone else that we often neglect ourselves.
When was the last time you visited a beauty salon or gave yourself a pedicure?
I have come up with some ways you can pamper yourself without sacrificing famliy time:
1. Family DVD night
Put on a famliy movie and hand your kids some foot lotion. The last time I did this they were fighting over who gets a turn to rub mummy’s feet. They both get a turn and Mummy gets a foot massage!
2. Get your children to paint your toes.
I know, it could end up messy so keep in mind the following:
- Use a pale colour so mistakes are less obvious
- Show them how to paint nails – it might be second nature to us but you need to show them how it’s done step by step: downward strokes, only a little bit of paint on the brush…
- Remember – polish won’t stay on your skin – it’ll be gone by tomorrow or your next shower so don’t stress if they miss your nail (they probably will).
3. Use your waiting by the door time
You’re ready to leave the house when someone suddenly needs to do a poo, fetch their show and tell or a toy.
You can stand there waiting or you can file your nails, pluck your eyebrows or chin. (Always keep a nail file, tweezers and mirror near the door)
4. Use your car waiting time
Again, this is valuable plucking or handcream time, keep tweezers handcream in your car for this.
5. While they are at their swimming lesson/gymnastics/footy practice
In between cheers shop online for clothes, makeup or gorgeous accessories. Or just sit back and enjoy a few minutes of quiet time.
6. Buy a turtle massager/back scatcher/orgasmatron.
Your little cherubs will love to give you a massage – older ones might want to be paid but it’s worth the 50 cents for a 5 minute massage.
7. Mothers’ Group
If you have a regular catch up with a group of mums, why not have a beauty day? You can paint your nails, do facials, hair dos, taking turns to watch one anothers children while others get gorgeous!
What are your beauty hacks for busy mums?We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.