If you’re on the lookout for birthday party treats for kids that are simple, quick and easy for even the children to create, you’ll love these Little Monsters!
My youngest is actually taking these into kindy tomorrow (don’t worry no allergies at her kindy) to share with her class. The teachers will love them – no cutting the cake and just the right size to be a treat.
What you’ll need to make 30 little monsters:
- 30 round chocolate biscuits (your choice depending on what your children like – we used a generic version with a biscuit and a little caramel inside)
- 500g milk cooking chocolate
- 2 x 100g packs of Chang’s Original Fried Noodles
- Decorations to make the monster eyes (we used Rainbow Lane Rainbow Choc Chips but you could use mini m&ms or any little thing really)
What you’ll need to do:
- Spread all the biscuits onto a tray covered with baking paper or foil.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water – stir until all melted and smooth
- Pour in the noodles one pack at a time and mix them as carefully as you can so that the noodles don’t get too crushed
- Place a teaspoon of the chocolate noodle mixture on top of each biscuit and let the kids do the eyes – just make sure you go slow enough so that they keep up – they need to get the eyes in place before the chocolate sets!
And that’s it! Place the tray somewhere cool for a half hour (just on the bench not in the fridge) and then they’ll be set and ready to transfer to a tray for the party!
What are some of your quick and easy birthday party favourites? Every mum loves a handy hint – please take 2 minutes to share yours.
Much MoM Love,