Hello!

21 Comments

Pre-schoolers have “accidentally” been served liquid cleaner instead of apple juice.

Three girls, one four-year-old and two five-year-olds, were served household cleaner Pine-Sol at the Kilohana United Methodist Church Preschool in Hawaii last Tuesday, shares yahoo news.

They were evaluated by paramedics, the Honolulu Emergency Services Department said.

None of them were sick or injured and their parents didn’t take them to hospital.

“Only sips were taken before the lead teacher realised the liquid was not apple juice,” the preschool said.

“The staff responded immediately by calling EMS and police. The children’s parents were immediately notified as well.”

The preschool director said the Pine-Sol was mistaken for apple juice by a classroom assistant “because it was the same colour”, according to health department inspection report.

However, the report noted the Pine-Sol was in its original container and properly labelled

The classroom assistant no longer works at the school, KHON2 reported.

Parents were notified of what happened with some left in total disbelief.

Mum Turina Lovelin told KHON2 “it’s extremely terrifying”.

Share your comments below

  • Obviously intentional if tge products were clearly labelled. So lucky it was caught early, could have easily had tragic results

    Reply

  • This doesn’t sound like a mistake! I’m horrified.

    Reply

  • I seriously dont understand how this happened if the chemical was in its proper bottle and labled.

    Reply

  • How on earth could anyone make that mistake?

    Reply

  • This is very serious ! Good to hear immediate action was taken towards the children and the teacher who made this mistake.

    Reply

  • In its original container and still got mixed up? I can’t even believe how you could mistake that


    • Training needs to be improved and care needs to be taken and protocols in place for sure!

    Reply

  • Surely apple juice and cleaner smell different and are kept in quite different locations! Seems quite odd to me.

    Reply

  • Yeah there’s no way you’re mistaking a cleaning bottle for the Apple juice unless you’re blind. Good reaction from the centre.

    Reply

  • This is crazy, especially if it was clearly labelled. I hope this is investigated.

    Reply

  • Doesn’t sound like an accident to me! A clearly labeled cleaner looks nothing like apple juice. Also the juice would have been in the fridge and the cleaning liquid no where near it I would imagine. Luckily it wasn’t a whole lot worse!

    Reply

  • Wow how does that even happen

    Reply

  • Sounds malicious. Poor little girls I hope the person responsible isn’t in this sort of position again.

    Reply

  • was it negligence or deliberate?


    • Sounds like deliberate! If it was in the proper container and clearly labeled, how could you make that mistake

    Reply

  • Pure negligence! The bottles would be very different and the pine-ol would have a chemical smells to it. Also what r they doing being stored in the same location? Cleaning products should be kept locked away from children and idiots and apple juice should be in the fridge, in a food cupboard or on the bench!

    Reply

  • I just can’t see how this could have happened? I’m assuming there will be some sort of investigation?

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join