This is certainly a unique way to induce labour! We introduce to you the “coffee Potty method”…
Parenting blog, Family Friendly, has shared the technique saying it involves making a steaming hot cup of coffee and then steaming your vagina.
Coffee Potty Method Says:
1. Place plastic bowl in toilet.
2. Heat up water in a kettle.
3. Place 1 cup to 2 cups of ground coffee into plastic bowl.
4. Pour hot water over the coffee grounds.
5. Squat over the bowl and place a towel over you legs to keep the steam in.
6. Steam your lady parts for about twenty minutes.
Apparently the caffeine in the coffee is said to stimulate the uterus to contract, and the steam loosens the mucus plug and contractions begin!
Please note – we are NOT suggesting you try this, and in no way recommend it.
Dr Philippa Costley from the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (RANZCOG) tells Kidspot, “I’ve never actually heard of this trend before,” she begins, “but it sounds potentially dangerous, and with no proven benefits I definitely would not recommend it.”
According to the NHS, any steaming or douching during pregnancy is not recommended. “The skin around the vagina and vulva is sensitive, and steaming carries a scalding risk.”
What methods have you tried to induce your baby’s birth ‘naturally’?
Share your comments below