Autumn has arrived and we are seeing all colours in the stores – from yellow to cobalt, from red to teal. The styles are just as varied. So the keys to looking great this season is know what looks great on you and show it off.
Here are the top colours and styles for Autumn 2013:
- Colours – This season some colours are muted such as olive and raisin while others are bold and dramatic such as cobalt. Wear the colours in blocks or monochromatically. Always wearing your best colour closest to your face.
- Brocade & Embroidered Opulence – Embroidered silks and satins add a sumptuous finishing touch to evening wear. Add a jacquard brocade coat for the cooler temperatures. Highlight black with gold or silver.
- Optical Prints – 1960’s inspired geometric shapes, repeat patterns and mixing patterns is the rage this season. Remember the size of the print in proportion to your body and height.
- Belts. Embellished belts with bows, buttons and obi teds are great for the waistline.
- Oversize Volume – This season oversized clothing is BIG BIG BIG such as cocoon coats, billowing pants, drop shoulder and pillow sleeves.
- Trouser Suits. Trousers in 3 Shapes of Leg Line. Select from shorter cropped cigarette trousers, super wide billow pants and colourful trousers.
- Military – Coats, cardigans, jeans and jackets with a military look. Change the look a by having your military in bright colours, such as red or shades of purple.
- Heritage Country Tweeds/Shooting Party/Downton Days – Traditional tailoring with earthy check wool materials meets military outdoor khaki toned coat. It’s about mixing and matching.
- Goth Glamour – The Goth look with lace layering and gloves is elegant and chic. Mix it with leather to give it that extra edge.
- Leather and faux fur – leather and faux fur can be seen for day and night. From the leather skirt, trousers or simple trimming on a pair of leggings.
- Shoe Accessories. The must-have footwear element of Autumn is the embellished heels or decorative heel and an ankle strap. Your boots should have a wedge. Boots with lacing and studding is also popular. For flats go for a loafer which are bright and patterned.
- Jewels and Gems – Think of large stones, big pearls, Swarovski large crystal cabochons, and black jet and hologram sequins. Bold neckwear jewellery, statement chokers, pendants, beaded collars, or chandelier earrings add the finishing touch. All can be worn in the day as well as evening
This autumn it’s about you and the endless possibilities that suit your personality and lifestyle. Dare to dress bold and dramatic if you wish.