Constance Hall addresses what is wrong with media today and how it needs to STOP condoning online bullying.
Constance has been going viral today over a recent post she shared addressing the divide between mum and dad and how dear old mum is always just expected to get on with everything, even if dad is very hands on.
She wrote on her page how the other day she was giving her husband a kick up the arse to get ready quicker so they weren’t late and he turned to Con and said…
“Calm down, I’ve been looking after the baby all morning…. for you..”
Submitting your rating…
“Wait what? For who?”
“Oh me? Doing me a favour? Hang on should I get you some cash? What’s the rate for a babysitter these days $16 an hour?”
Con goes on to say, “equality doesn’t mean shit if it doesn’t start in the home and what better place to start showing your kids what equality looks like then when they first arrive on this beautiful world.”
Of course Constance sometimes finds motherhood a juggle. Don’t we all?
Sheesh she has only just recently returned home from Kenya where she experienced first hand the work that Rafiki Mwema does to save thousands of children’s lives. An organisation that she has helped raise millions of dollars for!
However one media site decided to twist her post completely and even insinuated that there was trouble in Constance’s marriage.
The lead for the post reads “Is there trouble in Paradise for Constance and Denim?”
Con was not going to stand for such nonsense at all!
She lashed out saying. “This is how the media fails women.
“They make us believe that unless our relationships are perfect there is something wrong with us.
“Unless our children are perfect we are terrible mothers.
“That makes us feel ashamed and alone.
“Which silences us.
“There was a time where I thought I was alone, that everyone else’s relationships were perfect and there was something wrong with me for struggling with the structure of a “normal” relationship.
“Then I started this page. And discovered that I was far from alone.
“Don’t let the media convince you that there is something wrong with you for expecting more.
“Don’t let the media convince you that it isn’t normal to for your relationships to struggle when a new baby comes along.
“And don’t let the media convince you that reaching out and speaking out means that there is trouble in Paradise.
“The only trouble is these websites that condone and perpetuate online bullying.
“I love my husband, I love him even more for encouraging me to speak out about our problems on my mission to reassure and unite women all over the world by telling them… They aren’t alone.”
Constance’s rant at the media has attracted loads of support from her followers.
– “Wow! The world has soo many issues it is facing at the moment, and this what they choice to put the spotlight on! Muppets! It is a reflection of them not you Con. Keep keeping it real.”
– “Zero Time for their crappy opinion peices, that just come across like high school bitchfests. Turning women against each other, just so Gross.”
– “for it to me twisted into an attack on your relationship is unacceptable. Cheap shot and one which will damage their own brand and credibility. Good on you Constance for being you – genuine and real!”
– “Don’t know why complaining about your partner means you don’t love them! My hubby drives me nuts most of the time and yet I love him more every day.”
– “If I could roll my eyes any harder at these twits I’d lose my eyeballs.”
– “Shame on them! does it make you feel better about yourself to put someone else down?!?!!!”
– “Gosh how ridiculous. It’s not always rainbows and unicorns and you ain’t always going to agree on everything. It’s you that is pointing that out so that people feel more comfortable knowing that their relationship is OK. Good on you Con for telling it like it is.”
– “Wow, I read your post and fully got where you were coming from. This article is nothing but nasty. Tall poppy syndrome at its finest. You be the beautiful woman you are, they can go live their nasty little jealous lives without friends.”
Share your comments below