Here is a wonderful DIY Christmas puppets tutorial that is cheap and easy to make with the kids. These puppets are great to use in role play or to decorate the Christmas tree.
Suitable for ages 6-12 years
- Toilet Roll Tube (Card cylinder)
- Polystyrene ball
- Joggle eyes
- PVA / glue brushes / glue pots
- Felt or black paper
- Tinsel pipecleaners
- Add facial features to polystyrene ball, either by pinning through sequins and joggle eyes or gluing on with PVA.
- Add small piece of tinsel pipecleaner for the nose.
- Glue card cylinder body to polystyrene head.
- Cut out felt scarf, and either glue or pin to the neck area.
- Decorate body with some sequins.
- Use felt or black paper to make a top hat from a cylinder and flat circle of felt (or paper).
- Cut two different coloured tinsel pipecleaners in half, twist together, bend into candy cane shape and glue down.
Brought to you by Colorific – Creating Fun Around The World!We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.