My kids’ love doing craft and these DIY heart magnets are a fun and easy activity, not just for Valentine’s Day but also for presents at anytime of the year.
What you’ll need:
1 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of cornflour, 1 tablespoon of salt, 3/4 cup of water, gel food colouring, cookie cutter, magnets, super glue.
1. Combine your baking soda, cornflour, salt and water in a bowl.
2. Pour mixture in a saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until dough forms (approximately 4 minutes)
3. Remove dough from pan and add a few drops of colouring.
4. Once your dough has cooled slightly, roll it out on baking paper.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut heart shapes
6. Place your hearts on baking paper and cook in the oven at 80 degrees celsius for 1 1/2 hours, turning over half way.
7. Remove from the oven and let your hearts cool.
8. Glue magnet on back of the heart and leave to dry.
9. Give your hearts as presents.
These heart magnets make very cute presents the kids can make for their friends for Valentine’s Day but would also be great for presents for the family at anytime of the year. You could use different shaped cookie cutters too; the kids will have lots of fun making them.
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Main image courtesy of Pinterest.com