Paediatric emergency doctor shares important message to parents over the dangers of safety pins to young babies.
Dr Ruth Barker, emergency Paediatrician and director of the Queensland Injury Surveillance Unit in Brisbane has shared a warning about the dangers of using safety pins.
Dr Ruth sent the below photo’s to MoM so we could share with parents and let them know that while they look like safety pins, they are quite dangerous as the little plastic piece on the end easily comes off.
They then become a real choking hazard to young children.
Submitting your rating…
An important message to new mums and dads is to make sure that you stress-test products before using them – don’t just assume they are safe for your baby.
Share your comments below