Shannan is considered a fitness guru and as a new Dad knows how important it is for new Mums to ease back into fitness. Here are a few training tips and tricks to help your fitness regime:
- Always eat within an hour before commencing training. Some carbohydrates are a good idea, oats, multi-grain bread or a piece of fruit with some yoghurt will help you get moving!
- Follow the recommendations of your medical team. They trump anything you read or hear.
- Drink plenty of water, don’t go crazy and drown yourself, but take regular sips of water all day and as you train.
- It’s NOT A RACE – ease into training, remembering that consistency is the key. Try to set training as a vital part of your overall routine.
- Listen to your body. If you’re getting excessively tired during training back off (don’t stop) for a few days by decreasing how far or how fast you go.
- Train and walk with a friend, having someone else to train with will increase your results and the longevity of your regimen by keeping you motivated. I still have a trainer and a mate to train with after 20 years in the fitness industry.
- Cut the excuses. As a new mum you will be able to generate hundreds…if not thousands of valid excuses – I’ve heard them all. But I’ve never heard anyone say “I wish I didn’t train today.”
- Be the role model you want be. Don’t just wish! Kids are great imitators and you should be giving them something wonderful to mirror.
For more fitness tips click here
Win a Britax BOB high performance stroller.
Interested in the Britax BOB range? Fancy entering our competition to WIN a Britax BOB high performance stroller so that you can get fit with your baby?
LIKE the Britax Facebook page here
then Click here to enter!
Here is what happened when some of the Mom Team joined Shannan for a mini boot camp with the new Britax BOB range of high performance jogging strollers!
Pictures by, Dominic Loneragan