* Warning distressing content*

Parents watched on in horror as a doctor accidentally dropped their newborn twin girl head first just moments after she was born.

The child’s mother, Monique Rogers, announced the traumatic experience and shared a video of the incident to her Facebook page on Wednesday.

Footage shows the child falling from a doctor’s hands head first onto a hard bench at Chandler Regional Hospital in Arizona, on February 14.

“My daughter Morgan was dropped on her head due to the negligence of the staff,” Mrs Rogers wrote, claiming she was not informed of the incident by staff at the time.

“I was never notified she was dropped nor were there any tests done due to them dropping her. I would like to prevent this from happening to other children being born at this hospital.”

The twins, Morgan and Maddison, were already particularly vulnerable due to them being born prematurely.

“Morgan spent a total of 12 days in the neonatal intensive care unit due to her being 3lbs 4oz when born,” Mrs Rogers wrote.

She said a brain scan conducted five days after her birth revealed a grade one haemorrhage, but it was unclear if this was caused by being dropped or born premature.

“I did not find out that this test was done and the results of this test until this past Saturday when I brought up a different concern to her doctor.”

Her video has been shared nearly 60,000 times by horrified viewers and watched over 2 million times.

*Warning this video may be distressing to some viewers*

So horrifying! Have you ever experienced anything like this before?

Share your comments below.

  • They are pretty rough with bub in general I think. I was under the impression the baby was dropped on the floor, in fact it wasn’t dropped far at all. Still bad, but could’ve been worse


  • I can’t believe they didn’t say anything that’s awful.


  • That’s upsetting for everyone involved. I hope the baby is okay.


  • OMG this would be a terrifying time for the Mum. Why wasn’t she told.


  • This would be so worrying for the mother. Haematomas take a long time to really be sure that they haven’t caused a lot of damage especially for new born babies.


  • One of the worst fears you could have for your newborn. I hope she’s ok!


  • Oh gosh, that is very concerning and distressing.


  • Wow, a horrific thing to watch. Not pleasant at all… but a little understandable. Still not okay, but thankfully bub is fine. My son was vacuum extracted with such force that I’m amazed he turned out okay. The Doctor was flung backwards. It was horrific, but things ended up okay.


  • An awful thing to happen but it was an accident. Sometimes doctors can be working 18 hour days. The poor doctor is probably going to face serious repercussions.


  • OMG I know accidents happen but that is just truly negligent. They should have notified the parents straight away and not hit the fact. They would have been in less hot water if they were just upfront.
    This also shows that nurses and doctors are worked to hard and they need to be given proper breaks and shorter shifts! They are in charge of keeping us safe while in hospital but how do you expect them to do this when they are being worked so hard! Not making excuses for them but its the truth


  • OMG that’s terrible. I mean, accidents can happen but geez, shocking.


  • I am so glad this was caught on camera.
    The fact that the parents were not told of this major incident and the fact that there may be ongoing damage from it disgusts and concerns me.
    How many people with disabilities today are the result of something like this?
    Any long term damage should be compensated!


  • Those poor parents and baby.


  • How horrified for everyone, I can’t believe they didn’t think the Mum had a right to know and if they had done anything to make sure the baby wasn’t hurt


  • I almost didn’t watch the video because I knew it would be hard to watch, but I did. The doctor just pretended like nothing happened… I hope it didn’t cause the hemorrhage; it wasn’t a massive drop (thankfully!) but it shouldn’t have been brushed aside. Anything that happens should be reported and the parents told instantly. Maybe the staff didn’t think it was that bad, and were worried about a lawsuit. They only made it worse, though. I hope bub is okay!!


Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating