Please excuse my excitement but I’ve just discovered that you can bake brownies in a slow cooker!
Check out this easy recipe for yourself!
- Cooking spray
- 1¼ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 225 grams bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly spray inside of slow cooker pot with oil. Place a piece of baking paper inside pot, that is large enough to extend halfway up the sides and the bottom. Lightly spray baking paper with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. If not completely melted, continue microwaving until melted.
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into slow cooker, smoothing out the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3½ hours. Uncover and continue to cook on LOW for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownie from slow cooker using the baking paper and place on a wire rack to cool.
What an easy chocolate treat to bake for guests and you can even bake it when you’re not home! Happy baking.
What’s your favourite treat to cook in your slow cooker? Please add your comment below.
Main image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.