You may not be super aware of this but you hold both Divine feminine energy (yin) and Divine masculine energy (yang) within you. Balancing these two energies is important to ensure you are giving and receiving in equal doses. Most Mum’s I know are giving way too much and not receiving nearly enough. When you don’t receive (bring in) energy, the body gets stripped of its power reserves and you deny the goddess within. This can have lots of negative effects on you physically (tiredness, low libido and issues around the lower digestion & reproductive organs), mentally (losing self-confidence and brain function) as well as emotionally (starved of fun and feeling disconnected from life and love). Sounds dire hey! Well it can be when it goes to extremes and you ignore that beautiful feminine energy within you that fundamentally needs connection, creativity, downtime and plain good old fashioned pampering.
Claim your Goddess self and come back to balance?
The first thing to remember is that you come first in ALL things. That sounds incredibly selfish but in fact it means EVERYONE gets a better experience of you. The stronger and more nurtured you are as a Mum, the stronger and more confident your children are. Science has now proven that your cellular consciousness is passed down to your child’s cells. Therefore – if you are stressed or tired, so does that energy transfer to your children. No; not another guilt trip to feel bad about! More like an incentive to get your energy happy, strong and balanced. As mentioned above, tapping into the divine feminine or goddess energy directly means happy, healthy children. I love this simple universal law because it means BOTH of you win; Mum and Bub. Common sense tells you that happy Mums equal happy kids, it’s just the “HOW” that seems tricky sometimes. Fitting in goddess time feels like last in the line of things to do.
5 Simple strategies for finding the Goddess within
1. Receive! It sounds simple but think of ways in which other people around you can support you. Be open to asking for it and simply allowing it. This can be allowing a friend to buy you coffee and not scrambling in your handbag to find money as though it’s criminal to accept a gift!
2. Quiet. Being earthy and still and quiet is a very yin practice. Try to speak less and not expend your energy talking and doing. Find a moments peace in nature and really just stop and listen to your breath for 20 mins. You can find the time to do this and it’s amazing when you stop and listen to the wind.
3. Creative Activity. Any expression of your beautiful energy into art, writing, cooking (for joy!), gardening, sewing, dancing or interior decorating is a very goddess-like thing to do. Make it fun and child-like with no set deadline or outcome. Perhaps indulge in finger painting or art with your children. Alternatively – take an art class for yourself on the weekend whilst your other half or friend babysits.
4. Pampering. Any pampering where you are honouring your mind or body is a sure-fire way to bring out the inner goddess. I love a great foot massage or pedicure. Perhaps allowing a cleaner to come in and tidy your house is your pampering treat. You must feel like royalty and have a big smile on your face to know you are truly being treated.
5. Girls night out. I love this one because it’s not something you probably want to do that often, but when you do it – it feels incredible. You must make the effort to wear something sensual and divine (must be a dress, ladies). Women friends feeling beautiful together and laughing is at the heart of Goddess territory. Seeing a relaxed and happy group of girls releases some type of wonderful female pheromone that is infectious to all. It really transforms.
We would love to hear about your fun Goddess experience to get some ideas floating around for other Mum’s to explore so post some great ideas if you feel the urge on our Facebook page.
Need to know more? Get in touch with any questions. Debbie & James Pask